Bar Supervisor - London
Bar Supervisor - The Stafford London - St James, London
Tucked away in the heart of historic St James’s, and just minutes from London’s iconic landmarks and vibrant West End, The Stafford London is the epitome of traditional British luxury. The Stafford London is home to the renowned American Bar, a London institution, and The Game Bird, a restaurant which celebrates contemporary British cooking.
When you work for us not only will you be working for one of London’s most historic five-star hotels but you will also be working for a Company where the skills and knowledge you gain here will be recognised in the industry worldwide.
If you have a passion for hospitality, the drive to deliver only the best results, a keen eye for detail and first class service skills then this may be the place for you.
Why join the team at The Stafford London?
- Be Our Guest Programme for our new team members. This includes:
- Complimentary dinner for two at our award winning restaurant The Game Bird after a successful 3 month probationary period
- Complimentary one night stay at The Stafford after one year of service
- 50% discount in our food & beverage outlets
- £100 guest room rate for team members
- Reward and Recognition Programme, including:
- Team Member Referral Scheme
- Access to over 200+ discounts and deals via Perkbox
- Employee of the Quarter
- Employee of the Year
- Core Values Champion prize giveaways
- Stafford Legacy Club - long service awards
- Quarterly Social Events
- Company pension plan
- Comprehensive onboarding programme for our newest team members
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Wellness Programmes
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Child care vouchers
- Ride to Work Scheme
About the Role:
We are seeking a charming, energetic, guest orientated individual who is passionate about delivering excellent guest experiences by being intuitive and proactive about our guests’ needs.
You will be responsible for assisting the Bar Manager with the day to day operation of the Bar by running the floor and supervising the team of bartenders and waiters. Successful candidates will have proven experience as a bar supervisor, experience in a 5* environment is preferred.
- Providing an excellent guest service experience
- Drink preparation
- Assessing a customer’s needs and making appropriate recommendations
- Assisting the team to ensure an efficient service is provided to our guests
- Being an excellent communicator and take a hands-on approach to your role.
- You will have a real passion for food, wine, and spirits - enabling you to up sell and promote the items by your personal knowledge from the menu.
- Keep a cool head under pressure
- Be keen to attend training sessions provided by management to develop their skills.
- Set up and pack down of the bar
- You will be responsible for the management of junior staff and their learning and development.
- Be organised at running a section
- An understanding of the London Restaurant scene and the local area.
Qualities we admire:
- A passion for 5* guest service
- Eager to learn & open to training and development
- A positive attitude
- Strives to deliver excellent service
- Great with people
- Strong leader
Sound like you? Apply, and we will contact you!