Assistant Manager - Chester
Assistant Manager (HOSPITALITY) - The Cheshire County Sports Club
Permanent, Full-Time (37 hours) Days/Evenings/Weekends
£22,000 per annum
The Cheshire County Sports Club (The Cheshire) is looking for an experienced leisure/hospitality professional to join a dedicated team to assist with overseeing the general operation of the business. At the hub of the local community, ‘The Cheshire’ is a large, multi-sports complex providing a broad range of indoor and outdoor sports facilities, rapidly evolving fitness programme and memberships, social facilities for regular users and also hospitality services for private functions, events and corporate hire.
In general, the Assistant Manager will join the Management Team to contribute to the effective implementation of the Club’s daily operations, procedures and supervision of staff in order to maximise customer enjoyment and the provision of quality service. The role requires flexibility, commitment, excellent communication and leadership skills, a strong work ethic, and the ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team. Your working day will be varied, busy, fun and rewarding!
This role will also have a specific focus area which includes:
- Act as the Club’s DPS to ensure compliance with legislative duties, and oversee stock management within audit guidelines.
- Liaise with customers and staff to oversee, coordinate and implement the preparation of social areas, staffing levels and all specific requirements for social functions and events.
- Motivate, lead and coordinate a team of part-time support staff and contribute towards the promotion and development of the Club’s social events and activities.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Significant amount of experience working in a bar and/or catering setting
- Managing staff and leading by example
- Customer Service
- Sound Knowledge of liquor license requirements (a personal license would be a huge advantage)
- Cash reconciliation
- Competent Microsoft ICT skills, experience in using a bookings and/or membership system
- Presentable appearance
- Excellent Communication
- Hands on and flexible approach to work
- Flexible rota
- 25 days leave PLUS bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Annual performance payment scheme
- Free fitness membership.