General Manager - Wimbledon, London
General Manager - Le Pain Quotidien - Wimbledon, London
Founded in Brussels in 1990 by Alain Coumont, Le Pain Quotidien is a bakery and restaurant that serves simple, wholesome and sustainable food, made with organic and local ingredients whenever possible. With over 200 locations worldwide, including 31 in the UK and Ireland, Le Pain Quotidien is a global company that still puts family and conviviality at the heart of everything we do.
We are currently looking for a General Manager to run our Wimbledon branch, as a General Manager you will be an ambassador for our brand, bringing in innovative ideas to drive the restaurant forward whilst being responsible for developing the team and creating a comfortable environment for our customers.
As the General Manager you will have the following responsibilities:
- Exceptional customer experience – The customer experience is what we pride ourselves on, it will be your responsibility to ensure that the team are delivering this to everyone that enters our store.
- Training and development – As internal progression is really important to us, we ensure that all our teams receive continuous training and development opportunities, it will be your responsibility to lead the team, ensuring they receive support when needed.
- Leadership – By working as the General Manager you need to lead from the front, ensuring you guide, motivate and inspire the team whilst building strong relationships with team members and senior management.
- Health and Safety – Making sure the health and safety of both the customers and the team is of high priority.
- Achieving targets – You will have KPI’s and sales targets to work towards, we want you to bring in new ideas to drive the restaurant further and achieve the targets given.
We think of our restaurants as a home away from home, where both our team members and guests feel comfortable, relaxed and cared for. Previous experience of being a General Manager is beneficial but not essential – you could be an Assistant General Manager looking for the next step. You will receive continued training to develop your skills within the hospitality field. By joining the LPQ family as a Team Leader we can offer you:
- A competitive salary with performance related bonus.
- 28 days paid holiday (pro-rata)
- A free meal on every shift plus a 50% discount if you are still peckish
- 25% discount on food and drink in all Le Pain Quotidien stores
- Perks and discounts via Perkbox, which includes free cinema tickets, free coffee, free phone insurance and discounts in spas, salons, gyms and more.
- A better work/life balance, very few of our sites are open past 9pm.