Business Manager - South London
Business Manager - South London
Fusion Lifestyle is recruiting for a robust and commercially minded Business Manager to join our team, managing sites across the dynamic South London area!
As a Business Manager you will lead your managers to deliver exceptional financial performance, standards and customer service for your contract. You will also ensure that your team carries out robust plans to maximise opportunities and minimise risk, whilst establishing efficient and effective solutions to motivate and develop your team to achieve success.
To be successful as a Business Manager, you will need significant previous experience running commercial sites, along with an understanding of the importance within the local communities of the sites you inherit. You must be able to demonstrate multi-site experience in your application and exceeding KPI's across the board.
Fusion manages over 90 dynamic venues offering mainstream & specialist sports and leisure, plus some exciting new brands such as INTENCITY (HIIT fitness studio concept), Total Football (5-a-side league venue), Bickel’s Yard (proprietary café concept), and more in the pipeline. We are a registered charity, with a commercial outlook, and are proud to provide our local communities with inclusive and accessible sport and leisure that enhances health, vitality and well-being.
We are also committed to internal promotion, skills training and personal development: our Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) accredited ‘Stride’ leadership development programme develops managers through a structured career path; our Business Managers take a key coaching and mentoring role in this process.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the development and delivery of Fusion’s business plan (including communication of the corporate business plan to your contract)
- Ensure the development and implementation of, and compliance with, the contract annual financial targets
- Driving income streams for your contract and seeking additional profit streams in the business
- Support the overall process of management and corporate decision making to ensure the contract maximises its short, medium and long term profitability
- Manage compliance, monitoring, reporting and communication of financial and physical resources and all administrative functions
- Contract support teams to deliver on individual centre’s objectives
- Ensure individual centres fully comply with all relevant legislation and best practices
- Ensure centres and contracts are appropriately resourced so that they are able to effectively deliver development plans, contractual terms and conditions, and business objectives
- Ensure contract operating objectives and standards of performance are owned by management teams and employees
- Ensure high quality leisure facilities are kept and ensure appropriate standards of conduct are established and complied with at all times, as per Fusion’s policies and procedures
- Ensure Customer and Client Relationship Management strategies are fully implemented within your contract
- In conjunction with the HR Team, implement effective recruitment, people management, development, retention and succession planning strategies
- Ensure the workforce completes all necessary mandatory training and qualifications
What you will need in order to be successful in this role:
- Extensive management experience in the leisure sector with experience of multi-site management
- Proven track record of financial planning and achievement
- Demonstrated ability to lead, inspire and develop teams of people
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- A wealth of initiative to take responsibility for, and resolve issues effectively
- Demonstrated ability to manage large scale projects
- Excellent written, verbal, communication and computer skills
- Knowledge of employment law and practices
- Active affiliation with appropriate networks and organisations and ongoing community involvement
We have high expectations of our Business Managers, and offer a generous employee benefits package in return for your hard work.
Some of the non-contractual employee benefits that you may be eligible to receive include:
- Up to 25 days’ holiday, plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata)
- Free Gym & Swim membership at Fusion centres
- Employer Contribution Manager's Pension Scheme
- Discount on Bickels Yard Café F&B products
- Access to private medical Insurance
- Eye test (DSE users)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Travel Ticket Loans
- Industry leading training and development
- Career advancement opportunities
We have a real determination to provide service excellence and our managers have the drive to ‘make it happen’. They thrive in a fast-paced, energetic environment and want to work for a business that is investing and rapidly growing. Our managers are resilient, tenacious, and passionate to make a difference in local communities.
If you would like to find out more about this exciting opportunity then click on the link to apply and register your interest today.
Applicants who gain a 'conditional' job offer will be required to undertake appropriate checks and referencing before commencing employment. If the role you have been offered requires you to work with children or vulnerable adults or in an environment that deems necessary, the hiring manager will inform you if a DBS is applicable. If a DBS is undertaken your offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
*In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act, all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview. Fusion Lifestyle recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and we therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.