Food & Beverage Assistant - London
Food & Beverage Assistant - London
We're seeking a Food & Beverage Assistant (room service focus) to join the Strand Palace team. This opportunity comes at an exciting time for the hotel. Your input will have a direct impact the business as we are undergoing a multi-million-pound investment in readiness for the 2020s.
Strand Palace has welcomed guests since 1905. Our journey has been very special and there is no stopping us. All 785 guestrooms are being refurbished and they feature a modern art deco style, providing a fresh and utilitarian aesthetic.
Work has just been completed in the hotel's public areas including a new restaurant and bar Haxells, in a modern and contemporary style. The hotel attracts a wide demographic, across all ages, for both leisure and business travel, from a variety of domestic and international markets.
The team at the Strand Palace is also very diverse. From new comers making their way to the industry to some of the most experienced professionals in London. We described ourselves as confident, create, knowledgeable, agile and personable. If these traits resonate with your own personality, then Strand Palace is for you.
The ideal candidate
- Impeccable guest service skills whilst being enthusiastic, engaging and approachable.
- Be well organised and work effectively and efficiently
- Open to learning our menus, food and wine.
- Be able to interact with guests in well-spoken English
- Be expected to work well under pressure in a busy environment
- Expereince working in similar environment is desirable but not essential
- To meet, greet and service all customers in a friendly manner, giving the highest level of customer care at all times
- To be aware of VIPs, Corporate and regular guest arrivals and to ensure requirements are anticipated and met
- Receive customer food and drink orders and ensure timely delivery
- Serve food and drinks orders to the required standard, using the appropriate cutlery and condiments
- Be knowledgeable of food dishes and drinks, offering suggestions and recommendations where necessary
- Demonstrate a knowledge of all hotel services/promotions, local attractions and landmarks in the hotel vicinity in order to upsell and maximize Hotel revenue
- Manage customer expectations throughout the service, to ensure an enjoyable, personalised dining experience from beginning to end
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with other departments to ensure all issues/queries are dealt with promptly and seamlessly
- To comply with statutory and legal requirements for fire, food hygiene and health and safety regulations
- Undertake any other reasonable task and to carry out specific projects requested by management
You will receive a competitive salary, together with one the best employee benefits in hospitality in London:
- amazing Employee of the month scheme paying £372 after tax (a not to our infamous address) and opportunity to win a great holiday at the end of the year
- the company sponsored Healthcare Cash plan – Healthshields
- £10 voucher for each positive guest comment receive
- hotel discounts in rooms and bars and restaurants
- meals on duty
- free dry cleaning
- career opportunities
- annual season ticket loan
- incremental holiday entitlement
- cycle to work scheme
- opportunity to join in social activities
- 5% pension scheme contribution
- and a commitment to your ongoing development.