Waiter/Waitress - New Opening - Relocate to London!
Waiter/Waitress - Decimo - New Opening - St Pancras, London
Opening in July 2019, The Standard, London has boldly propelled The Standard brand onto the international stage. Situated on Euston Road across from the gothic grandeur of St Pancras Station, the hotel is set to become a new cultural crossroad for London and a gateway to Europe.The hotel playfully respects the building's history while creating new expansive spaces for the neighbourhood to play from our bars, lounges and restaurants throughout the building to the 266 rooms and suites.
Set to open in the Autumn of 2019; Michelin-starred Chef Peter Sanchez-Iglesias merges the Spanish cuisine of his family with his love of Mexico for his debut London restaurant, Decimo. Expect lots of flavour- aquachile (Mexican ceviche), suckling pig shoulder, vegan paella and a new take on tacos with a dramatically different tortilla. Situated on the 10th floor of the Standard, London, Decimo is uniquely positioned with floor-to-ceiling windows and dramatic views across the London skyline.
We are now seeking diverse and dynamic individuals that will capture the very essence of the Standard to join our opening team in Decimo as a Waiter/Waitress for the launch of this new London destination.
As a Waiter/Waitress in Decimo you will become part of an exceptional pre-opening restaurant team in that will provide an extensive food & drink service across our bars, restaurants, garden and roof terraces. Your exceptional knowledge of food and drink will help you immerse our guests into an environment where you will not only be their server, but also their host as you guide them on a culinary journey designed to excite and surprise them; creating a unique dining experience in London, that is anything but Standard!
At the heart of our hotels are of course our people who through their vibrancy and energy bring our properties to life. You will of course be passionate about service, with an exceptional working knowledge of restaurant operations and order of service; along with a deep appreciation of quality food and wines in order to confidently match and suggest wines to compliment guest menu choices and enhancing their overall dining experience.
Do you have what it takes to be a Waiter/Waitress at The Standard, London
While prior experience as a Waiter/Waitress is always useful, your individuality is your most important asset. While we take every detail of design and guest experience seriously, we do not take ourselves too seriously. ‘Standard People’ are at the heart of our brand; vivid, dynamic and engaging and you too will add a touch of your own personality and theatre to our guest experience while at the Standard.With this in mind you will need to be highly social, upbeat and friendly; confident and can handle pressure well; thrive in a busy high volume, high energy environment and can manage multiple tasks and guest with ease.
- Prior experience as a Waiter/Waitress ideally gained in a similar ‘Lifestyle’ boutique hotel, destination fine dining restaurant or perhaps even a well know quality chain
- In addition to those with experience we are actively seeking candidates with a diverse range of lifestyle skills and welcome applications from those in the arts, music and entertainment industries.
- Be a confident in restaurant operations and the order of service
- Highly social, motivated and pro-active; acting with professionalism and positivity in all interactions
- Opening experience preferred
- Prior experience using squirrel epos is advantageous however full training will be given
- Any relevant qualifications such as WSET are advantageous but not essential
- You will need to have a flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work shifts, including weekends and late nights as a number of our bars and restaurants will operate though until the early hours on some nights.
We are defined by our richness of personality and diversity of background and lifestyle so if you think you have what it takes to be a Waiter/Waitress within our new roof top restaurant and bars, we’d love to meet with you.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates prior to commencing employment.
Apply for Waiter/Waitress - New Opening - Relocate to London!
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly