General Manager - Sports Development and Participation - London
General Manager - Sports Development and Participation - Wandsworth, London
Up to 40K
I am looking for a General Manager to take full responsibility for the day to day management of Trinity Playing Fields which are based next to Wandsworth Common in South West London. Managed by Trinity Fields Trust, the General Manager will report into the Trustees and be responsible for 8 acres of sports pitches and 2 clubrooms. In addition to multiple contracts with local primary schools and sports clubs The Trust has a huge focus on sports development driving accessibility and participation to lower income groups at subsidised rates living within Lambeth, Battersea and Wandsworth.
GM’s responsibilities include:
- Managing the key commercial partnerships already in place with the schools and clubs.
- Optimise the programming across all facilities balancing the commercial and community needs.
- Proactively building partnerships with local schools and community groups to encourage usage.
- Leading and directing the ground staff, bookings manager, contractors and casual staff.
- Ensure that the playing fields are maintained and prepared to the highest possible standards.
- Operate the highest level of safeguarding and Health and Safety.
- Develop revenue-generating and sponsorship opportunities and grants applications.
- Project management of significant investments into the clubrooms and the playing surfaces.
- Ensuring facilities booking, invoicing and credit control systems are in line with best practice.
- Reviewing and update the website and social media platforms to drive awareness and bookings.
- Support with the ground’s maintenance/pitch markings and preparations as and when required
We are keen to talk to candidates who have:
- Proven managerial track record working with sports grounds. leisure and/or facility management.
- Experience and success with sports development and outreach within a community setting.
- Extensive knowledge of managing and maintaining sports grounds and turf pitches.
- Well-developed financial management and IT skills, familiarity with budgets and accounts
- Strong communication and relationship management skills.
- DBS check required, First Aid and Health and Safety experience an advantage.
The position is offered on a 37hr week contract with a requirement to work 1 weekend in 2. In addition to a competitive salary of 35 to 40K dependent on experience, benefits include 31 days’ holiday including bank holidays, stakeholder pension and free parking on site.
To apply please apply via the link to David Peacock, Director at our retained recruitment partners Leisure People.
Closing date for applications Friday 12th March 2021.