General Managers & Assistant General Managers- London
Our mission at Flat Iron is to make remarkable steak accessible to all. Not just that, we also try to look after all our guests as if they were old friends. Everyone is welcome.
To do that, we have an amazing team of great people who love what they do and love working at Flat Iron. So much so, that for two years in a row we have been voted one of the UK’s top 100 companies to work for*. We have won many other awards but being listed as one of the best employers in the country is something we are incredibly proud of.
What we’re looking for:
● Passion – You work in hospitality because you care. For you, getting stuck in and living life to the full is more fun than treading water.
● Like an old friend - You are generous, hospitable and you treat guests like old friends. No formality, no upselling, no showing off. Just care, fun and a little bit of love.
● Straight up - No fuss, no frills. You are honest, decent, and straightforward with others and with our guests.
● Indie spirit – You are independent in thought and spirit, not tied to what others say you should or shouldn’t do.
We love working at Flat Iron and we’re sure you will too… here's why:
● Work-life balance - We want our managers to be full of enthusiasm and energy on shift, that is why we don’t believe in the dreaded 9 ‘til close.
● Training and development opportunities - personal development plans and internal workshops.
● Formal qualifications - Mental Health First Aid course for all GM and AGMs, First Aid, Health and Safety Level 3.
● Staff parties – in normal (non-Covid) times, we close all our restaurants annually for the most epic party.
● Trips - Individual restaurant socials and trips to our suppliers in Yorkshire and Cornwall.
● Flat iron Black Card for GMs - Free food and drink in any of our restaurants for up to 4 people once a month.
● Most importantly - A great culture, amazing people, and a supportive and inclusive environment to grow.
* # 36 Sunday Times Best 100 Companies To Work For in 2018 and # 37 in 2019
General Manager - WaldorfEasy Apply!