General Manager - Southgate
We are recruiting for a motivated and passionate General Manager
Who We Are:
Fusion is a leading Sports, Leisure and Fitness operator. A registered charity, the company mission is to bring health and well-being to communities across the UK.
Our General Managers lead their teams to deliver outstanding service within the communities in which we operate. Our General Managers also provide day-to-day management of the Centre; overseeing all activities, and delivering cost-effective, first-class services and standards. As the General Manager you will also drive membership sales and secondary revenue; control expenditure; champion health and safety, ensuring compliance with all policies and procedures; and promote the highest levels of customer service, hygiene and staff engagement.
Strong problem solving and analytical skills are essential to our General Managers, and you will need significant previous experience of working as a General Manager within the leisure or hospitality sector. Clear understanding of, and a proven ability to manage, all aspects of financial planning and budgets will be necessary, as well as a “can-do” attitude and a real passion to be the best.
- First Aid at Work qualification (*training is available for this)
- CIMSPA membership is also desirable, although not essential
- If you are applying for a centre that has pools, you will also need a Pool Plant Operator Qualification
- If you are applying to work at a centre where alcohol is sold, you will need to have your own personal licence. (*training online through Fusion is available for this)
*Training can be offered. More information regarding training would be made available to you, should you be offered a position within the business.
The Role, more details:
Financial Controls, and Operations:
- Guide the overall provision of services, policies and programmes to ensure the Centre achieves its targets and objectives
- Implement, review and report on the Centre’s Annual Service plan, and ensure the development and implementation of, (and compliance with), the Centre’s annual financial plans
- Support the overall process of management and corporate decision making to ensure the Centre maximises its short, medium and long term profitability
- Implement, maintain and manage an effective system of controls throughout the Centre covering financial, non-financial and health, hygiene and safety aspects of the business. Ensure revenue protection compliance and conduct weekly audits
- Management, compliance, monitoring, reporting and communication of Centre’s financial and physical resources
- Ensure the Centre operating objectives and standards of performance are owned by management team and employees
- Lead and develop an effective, cohesive Centre Management Team to deliver on their individual and centre objectives
- In conjunction with the HR team, implement effective recruitment, people management, development, retention and succession planning strategies for the Centre
- Line management responsibilities for recruitment, induction, delivering training, appraisal, development and performance management of staff, including 1-2-1s
- Ensure the Centre is properly resourced so that it is able to effectively and efficiently deliver the development plan, and contractual terms and conditions
- Ensure customer, third party and client relationship management processes and procedures are fully implemented in the Centre
- Deliver high quality services and standards within the Centre, supported by F360
- Ensure all concerns of a child safeguarding nature are referred in a timely and appropriate manner, in accordance with Fusion’s Safeguarding Policy, acting as the Designated Safeguarding Lead in the Centre
Some of the non-contractual employee benefits we offer that you may be eligible to receive include:
- 25 days’ holiday, plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata)
- Employer Contribution Pension Scheme
- Manager’s pension scheme
- Free Gym & Swim membership at Fusion centres
- Free Eye tests
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Industry Leading Training
If you would like to further your career within the leisure industry, as part of a business that makes a positive impact on the communities in which we operate, then we want to hear from you.
Click on the link to apply.
This job advertisement is not intended to serve as a full job description, and is therefore non-exhaustive. Upon securing an offer of employment, a copy of the job description will be made available to you. This may be amended from time to time, in-line with business requirements. You may also be required to carry out other duties as reasonably requested by the Company.
Applicants who gain a 'conditional' job offer will be required to undertake appropriate checks and referencing before commencing employment. If the role you have been offered requires you to work with children or vulnerable adults or in an environment that deems necessary, the hiring manager will inform you if a DBS is applicable. If a DBS is undertaken your offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act, all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview. Fusion Lifestyle recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and we therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.