Conference & Events Hosts - Alton Towers - Alton, Stoke-on-Trent
Job Type: Full Time / Part Time - Fixed Term Contracts
Alton Towers Resort are recruiting for Conference & Events Hosts to join our friendly team in a fun and engaging role!
Alton Towers Resort has been a world-renowned haven of fun and adventure for almost 200 years! Set in over 500 acres of beautiful Staffordshire countryside, the Alton Towers Resort offers 5 fantastically themed Hotels / accommodation, plus over 40 world class rides & attractions.
If you like variety you'll love being part of our Conference and Banqueting department. You will be responsible for the setting up, servicing and 'breaking down' of conferences, and you'll deliver food and drink to weddings, buffets and galas with anything from 10 to 500 guests.
You will also have the pleasure of working within our state-of-the-art conference centre and the Emperor Suite, situated in the Alton Towers hotels, and the conference facilities on the theme park.
This is a guest facing role where you could be working in a busy environment. We have various shifts available across the working week, including weekends.
Pay and Benefits
You will be working on a seasonal variable contract, with an hourly rate of up to £10.42. We're a fun, friendly and unique environment in which you are guaranteed to meet like minded people and have fun!
Some of the amazing benefits we offer include:
- Merlin Magic Passes (Free tickets for you and your friends and family to use across our theme parks - worth £1000) These tickets can be used at Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Legoland Windsor, Chessington World of Adventures and many more great attractions.
- You will also have development opportunities to allow you to grow your career with Aramark, where we have over 400 locations across the UK.
- On site discount across Merlin theme parks and attractions
- Generous accrued annual leave package
- Save hundreds of £'s with our online staff shopping scheme
- Free Uniform
- Working with a great team who have fabulous out of work social activities
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible working hours including parent and carer shifts and shifts to work around student timetables.
- Ongoing training and development - this could be the start of your hospitality career and we can support your development
- Free staff parking
Qualifications and experience needed
- Due to the nature of this role we can only accept applications from over 18's
- No previous experience needed as we will give you all the training you need to be the best at this role
- Flexibility in availability
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Enthusiastic, energetic and able to put a smile on guest's faces
- Approachable and enthusiastic
- Positive and a can-do attitude
Please note that occasionally some of our events have very late finishes. You could be working until 5am.