General Assistant - Edinburgh
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Your Aramark journey starts here
Are you looking to work in a fun but busy environment as part of a team?
Are you looking for a full time role that’s flexible?
Want to join a cracking team and a business that has opportunities across the UK? If the answer is yes, then read on.
We are currently recruiting for a General Assistant to be a part of our integral team at Redford Barracks, Colinton Road, Edinburgh, EH13 0PP
Perks of the job
- £10.42 per hour
- Full time - 35 hours per week, 5 days over 7
- Shifts ranging between 6.30am – 7pm
- Free meals on duty
- Excellent transport links!
- Life assurance and Pension scheme
- MyStaffShop discounts – including savings on your weekly supermarket shop!
- Cycle2Work Scheme and Refer a friend Scheme
- You will also be joining a great team, with fabulous career prospect and could lead to but to all sorts of opportunities – we LOVE to promote from within!
What you'll be doing
- Required to be flexible according to business requirements. The daily focus may vary, however it is expected that activities will typically include the following:
- Prepare and serve food and beverages to customers
- Basic food preparation
- Setting up for breakfast
- Restocking items and stock rotation
- Kitchen and dining room cleaning
- Client focus – providing excellent customer service at all times
- General cleaning of front and back of house
- Follow food hygiene and safety procedures at all times
- Sweeping/Mopping and general house keeping to ensure areas are cleaned to a high standard at all times.
- Preparation of any other public facing areas as required
- Undertake relevant training as required of all aspects of the role, including working towards your Food Hygiene Level 2 and Health and Safety Level 2 qualifications.
- We aim for all staff to be multi skilled and flexible with full training and support provided both on the job and via our e learning portal.
- Previous experience in a similar role is desirable but not essential as full on the job training will be provided
- A great team player with a flexible approach to duties
- Basic security checks required
Northern Europe - Our Mission
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
Northern Europe - About Aramark
Aramark is a leading service and solutions provider in Northern Europe. We proudly support clients, partners and customers in food, facilities management, property services, and retail solutions. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you’re pursuing — a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work — our focus is helping you reach your full potential.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Aramark Northern Europe is an equal opportunities employer.