Steps to running your own pub business
Running your own pub business and supporting your local community is really more of a way of life than a ‘job’. It’s also a great way to ‘be your own boss’ and successful business leader. But how do you go about it?
- Choose the right pub business for you - Think about the type of pub and its location to best suit your skills and personality. Consider our range of agreement options and understand the pre-entry requirements for running a pub
- Fact find - Register with us via our website as soon as you can to ensure you are kept up to date with pubs as they go on the market. Use our compare feature to help you draw up your shortlist and make sure you visit the pubs as a customer to check that they are right for you.
- Let’s meet and talk - Contact our recruitment team to discuss the pubs that you are interested in. They will carry out a screening interview with you and providing you meet the suitability requirements, they will then arrange for you to meet with the Regional Manager to discuss the opportunity further.
- Planning your pub business – Following a successful interview with the Regional Manager, you will now be required to start preparing your marketing and business plan, complete a formal application form and ensure that training requirements have been met. You will meet again with the Regional Manager or Divisional Recruitment Manager to review and finalise your business plan before it is submitted
- Agreeing your terms - You and the Regional Manager, or Divisional Recruitment Manager, will discuss your business plan to shape an agreement that best suits the needs of your new pub business. The agreed terms will be summarised in a Pre-Contract Form to be signed by both parties. Your agreement will be emailed to you seven days in advance to give you time to review
- Planning for your first few weeks in your new pub - Consider making a few more visits to your new pub and spend some valuable time re-visiting the competition. You can also start to plan your staff rotas and menus. We will do all we can to help you prepare for day one in your pub and ensure that everything is set up for your opening night.
- Making your business a long term success - We look forward to giving you all the support you need to grow and develop your business. From day one, you will have access to free, award winning training courses, financial and property management advice and exclusive marketing & commercial support packages. Your Regional Manager will be with you every step of the way and will visit you regularly, especially during your first months in the pub to make sure you are set up for long-term success.