Restaurant Manager - Gloucester
- Job Type
- Full Time
Restaurant Manager - Catering - Gloucester Services
What we're looking for
Do you share our passion for good food and service and want to be part of a great team? Would you enjoy the opportunity to lead a large and diverse team to deliver exceptional customer experience, providing fresh local food of the highest quality?
You would have proven experience in people management, ideally in a high volume catering operation with evidence of driving commercial results through people.
We recruit people who share our values.
We are looking for a Catering Manager to lead the catering shift team to deliver smooth and effective running of the shift on a day to day basis.
The role will include:
- Day to day operation and standards of the department with a team of team leaders and team members
- Responsible for correctly monitoring and controlling all processes to deliver margins in line with company targets, including stock levels and wastage
- Drive sales growth and assist the Catering Manager with delivering financial performance
- Plan, forecast and complete rotas to maximise staffing levels taking account of customer demand, anticipate trade and holiday management
- Providing support and offer guidance to catering team leaders and team members to help them achieve their personal best and celebrate their success
- Accountable for recruiting, training, developing and leading a high performing team, dealing with performance and conduct issues appropriately and in a timely manner
- Accountable for ensuring all department paperwork is delivered timely, accurately and to the highest standards including COSHH controls and company Health and Safety
- Actively work with the wider management team to contribute to the success of the business and enhance customer experience
Your key strengths will include people management, organisation, communication, analysis and problem solving skills.
In addition you will have experience of financial controls including, sales, P & L, stock management and margin.
This is a full time position of 40 hours per week in 5 shifts over 7 days on a rota pattern. Sound like you? Then send us an application and we'd love to discuss it with you further.
What we can offer you
In return we will offer you fantastic benefits across our six Westmorland Family businesses including;
- Free meal allowance while on shift, as well as free tea and coffee
- Between 25% and 75% discount on most items in our cafes and shops
- Bus service from Gloucester City Centre to Gloucester Services which is subsidised by us for our colleagues
- Free car parking
- 28 days holiday increasing with length of service to 33 days
- Contributory pension scheme after completion of your probationary period
- Lots of opportunity to grow your career with us